Apply for Beamtime: New Users
How to use Your APS Badge Number and Password:
- When you register as a user, you will receive a 5- or 6-digit APS badge number that is your permanent identification with Argonne National Laboratory and many APS computer systems.
- The first time you log into an APS user application (e.g., proposal system), your password will be your badge number; you will be prompted immediately to change it. Please read the password requirements carefully as it usually takes most users a few attempts to find a successful password.
- Thereafter, your password is the same for most APS web-based user applications (proposals, schedule, safety, remote access training, etc.).
- If you forget your password, click the password link on the login page of the system you want to use; a new password will be emailed right away to the address on record at the APS. The next time you log on, you will be prompted to change your password.
How to use the APS remote training system:
- Enter your user badge number. You will be shown a page with core courses listed.
- To take any course, click on the link for the course.
- You can print a PDF version of the course as a study guide, take the course and test, or take a challenge exam. If you elect either of the latter two options, you will need to re-enter your badge number and to enter the web password (same as for proposal submission via the proposal system).
- Successful completion of the course will be automatically recorded in Argonne’s Training Management System within an hour.
Questions about training? Contact the APS User Office at 630-252-9090 or email@example.com